Water ionizers are household appliances that have gained a massive popularity in the modern world that we live in due to the fact that they deliver the super hydrating, high-quality ionized water. What makes the ionized water that they produce far more desirable to drink when it comes to the health benefits that it brings is the fact that this water helps slow the aging process, it gives you more energy, it hydrates at a superior level, it lowers the pH of your body, and helps prevent a series of diseases.
- Top 3 Water Ionizers Comparison
- Ionizing Machines Evaluations
- How to Install
- Useful Features to Look For
- Water Quality influenced by pH and Alkalinity
- Reasons to Drink Alkaline Water
- Conclusions – One Last Look at What the Market Offers
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Is the water provided by the appliance the same as store-bought alkaline water?
- 2. Should I perform any type of test before installing a ionizer?
- 3. Will installing the ionizing machine affect the pressure of the water?
- 4. How effective is the filtering system of the ionizing machine when compared to a dedicated water filter?
- 5. Does the acidic water produced by the home appliance serve any purpose?
Top 3 Water Ionizers Comparison
Ionizing Machines Evaluations
If you care about your overall health and you want to enjoy the many benefits offered by ionizers, check out the following reviews of the best models on the market. By reading these reviews, you will not only better understand what each of these machines has to offer, but you will find out what makes them superior to their competitors performance-wise as well.
Life Ionizers Next Generation M11
- The Next Generation M11 comes in two variations when it comes to the type of installation that it requires, more precisely countertop and under-counter. Except for their installation, they are basically the same. Of course, there is a considerable difference in pricing when comparing these two types, the countertop model coming at the price of $3000, while the under-counter model comes at the price of $3500. But for those who do not want an appliance that takes up any counter space, it is better to invest in the under-counter model, even if it costs extra. This model measures 11.65 inches in length, 14 inches in height, and 5.75 inches in width. It weighs only 19 pounds, so it won’t be difficult to move its location as you like in case you go with the countertop model. The intuitive controls of the LCD display make it a breeze to change the settings as you please. An aspect that delights when it comes to this model is the fact that the display features automatic voice prompting.
- The SMPS power system reduces noise, energy consumption, and heat-related stress on the electrical components to extend the average lifespan of the appliance by approximately 30 years. It features 11 Grid technology plates that increase the time spent by the water on them, causing a substantial increase in the electrical charge of the water. This helps boost the pH and ORP of the water that the appliance produces by 5-10 percent. The pH range that it offers ranges between 1.7 and 12.0, and the ORP potential ranges between +600mV and -880mV. When it comes to the water options that it offers, you can choose between 1 purified, 3 acidic, and 4 alkaline options. Also, the flow rate of the ionizing machine is approximately 2 gallons of water per minute. A feature of this model that truly impresses is the fact that it has self-cleaning capabilities, meaning that it reverses polarity after each use and it comes with automatic plate wash, ensuring that it will always be in a top-notch shape without requiring any maintenance work on your part.
- The useful filter replacement indicators will announce you when it is time to change the filters in order to eliminate guesswork. The pre-filters can be customized as you please, ensuring that you will be covered no matter what type of contaminants you want to be removed from the water that gets filtered. The Vitamin C ceramic block filter technology that it features is capable of effectively removing up to 99% of chlorine and chloramines that it encounters in your water, thus ensuring that you won’t be affected by the harmful effects of these water additives. The UV technology that it comes with helps eliminate the invisible water threats that lurk in your tap water, threats like germs, bacteria, and viruses. Best of all, it does this without using chemicals and additives, so you know for sure that you and your family will enjoy the highest quality water possible. The automatic heat sensor protection system of this model ensures the protection of the appliance. In addition, it is backed up by an astounding lifetime warranty that guarantees this is a wise investment that will be by your side forever.
|Automatic heat sensor ensures the machine’s protection|
|Fully convertible design – can be installed as an under counter or countertop appliance|
|Dual internal filtration system performs a purification process on the water you consume|
|SMPS power system it features generates up to 500 watts|
|Large chambers deliver a more proficient electrolysis process|
Boasting a compact, slim design which perfectly complements any décor, and featuring a plethora of functions which help make it proficient in its operation, the M11 ionizing machine is our main recommendation for alkaline water enthusiasts. Besides its overall top-tier performance in terms of electrolysis and ionized water production, it is fairly easy to use and reasonably priced considering its capabilities.
Bawell Platinum Alkaline
- This top of the line model produced by Bawell is a true example of greatness in design and manufacturing, ensuring that you will drink only the highest quality ionized water if you go with it. The price for this model is of $2195, but you can get it at a much cheaper price if you look for a good deal online. This countertop model weighs only 11 pounds, making it easy for you to change its place whenever you want. Due to the fact that it measures only 11.8 inches in length, 15.2 inches in height, and 6.2 inches in width, you can rest assured that it won’t occupy a lot of space on the counter. Therefore, it is great even for those who have small kitchens and limited space in them. The intuitive touchscreen color LCD display features automatic voice prompting with adjustable voice volume, being incredibly easy to use it even for those who are not tech savvy at all.
- One of the reasons why we fell in love with it is because this ionizer uses a top-tier 180W SMPS power system to produce high-quality alkaline ionized water at a rate of approximately 2 gallons per minute. The 7 solid medical grade titanium platinum coated plates of the machine boast a pH capability that ranges between 2.0 and 12.0, and an ORP value that ranges between +600mV and -800mV. It features 3 color-coded modes that allows you to always be aware of what type of water is being produced and what is the intensity of the alkaline or acidic water that is currently selected. These color modes consist of a neutral filtered water level, 3 acidic levels, and 4 alkaline levels. It has self-cleaning capabilities, so there won’t be a need for you to clean it because it will use reverse polarity after each use to do this on its own.
- What truly impresses about this model is the fact that it features an advanced dual internal filtration technology that has a 0.01-micron filtering capability, thus ensuring that no harmful contaminants will lurk in the water that you and your loved ones drink. The first stage filter of the ionizing machine is a granular activated carbon GAC filter that has a generous lifespan of 1320 gallons, and that effectively removes contaminants like chlorine, pesticides, industrial solvents, VOCs, PAHs, algal toxins, EDCs, PPCPs, and THMs. The second stage filter is a pre-activated carbon PAC filter that has a lifespan of 1585 gallons and that removes VOCs, PAHs, EDCs, DBPs, PPCPs, THMs, chlorine, pesticides, radon, benzene, mercury, chromium, and lead. Best of all, it features 5 power settings that offer a total of 35 different preset alkaline and acidic water levels. The pre-programmed levels on each of the power settings include weak alkaline, medium alkaline, strong alkaline, ultra strong alkaline, purified water, weak acidic, medium acidic, and strong acidic. As expected from a top of the line ionizing machine, it is covered by a lifetime warranty, meaning that you will be able to use it forever because whatever happens to it will be fixed by the manufacturer.
|Compatible with most types of faucet styles and designs||Does not provide the best pH range|
|Guesswork is eliminated out of filter replacement due to maintenance indicator feature|
|Each of the 5 power settings has 8 pre-programmed levels you can choose between|
|Reasonable price to quality ratio – provides more than enough functions and options to be worth every cent|
|Touchscreen LCD controls make it easy for the entire family to choose their desired settings|
As this Bawell ionized water producing machine does not only change the liquid’s pH level, but it changes its quality for the better as it removes all contaminants lurking in it, it should be more than obvious why we stick by this recommendation. Furthermore, it is easy to use and allows you to customize the settings as you please, so it is rather tough to find another product of its caliber.
Aqua-Ionizer Deluxe 7
- When talking about the best ionizers on the market, we cannot skip on the impressive Deluxe 7, a machine that does not only feature a stylish design that makes it the perfect addition to a modern kitchen, but one that produces high-quality ionized water that will hydrate you and keep you healthy. The price for this kitchen appliance is $1495, being more accessible than the other two models that we have reviewed previously. This is a countertop appliance that can be installed as an under-counter appliance with the separate purchase of the optional under-sink kit that includes a universal faucet adapter kit. Due to the fact that it weighs only 11 pounds and it measures 14.25 inches in length, 13 inches in height, and 8.25 inches in width, it will be a breeze for you to change its location on the counter in case you opt for the countertop installation. It features an intuitive backlight LCD screen that displays 7 different background colors for each level while operating. On the screen, important settings are displayed like the pH level, electrolysis activity, self-cleaning indicators, filter replacement indicators, ORP value, water levels, flow rate, and water temperature. The display features ultra-responsive touch controls that allow you to set the pH levels or alter other settings with ease. The 7 healthy water setting options that you can choose from when using it include a purified water option, 4 ionized alkaline water presets, and 2 acidic water presets.
- To deliver the best results possible, it uses 7 platinum coated titanium plates that are extremely durable and energy efficient. The pH level that it offers ranges between 4.5 and 11.0, while the ORP value ranges between +600mV and -850mV. It is made with FDA approved plastics, all of the internal components of the machine that are used in the ionization process being constructed only with the safest plastic. A feature that makes it a delight to use is the fact that it has self-cleaning capabilities. After each use, it reverses polarity for a quick clean 10-second cycle, and it automatically washes the plates after every 10.5 gallons of use. It features a visual and audio alert that plays a melody throughout the duration of the washing cycle. It comes with a built-in state-of-the-art activated carbon filter that effectively removes dangerous contaminants from the water, like VOCs, chlorine, benzene, pesticides, radon, trihalomethane, and other harmful pollutants. In addition, it is backed up by a lifetime warranty that ensures it will be fixed by the manufacturer no matter what happens to it.
|The 3-stage cleaning cycle it passes the water through guarantees it will lack contaminants||Not the most impressive total plate surface area – only 114.8 square inches|
|The plate’s positive and negative poles reverse for 10 seconds once every 15 minutes to clean the plates||Does not provide the best pH level range – from 4.0 to 11.0|
|High in antioxidants which help boost your health|
|Plates are multi-layered with platinum coated titanium to ensure a fast and efficient electrolysis process|
|Can be installed as an under counter or countertop machine with ease|
In terms of pricing, this is by far the best top-tier ionizing machine to go for. Although it does have a few drawbacks, like the less than impressive pH range it puts at your disposal, the overall ionized water production rate, water purification capability, and general performance make it a truly trustful companion for those seeking to hydrate with alkaline water.
How to Install
If you are not well educated in the water purification domain, you are most likely wondering why you would want to invest in an ionizer. Firstly, you need it if you are concerned about the threats that lurk in the tap water. It is known that the water you use on a daily basis is filled with a multitude of impurities that affect your health in one way or another. By using it with an integrated filter, you will minimize the amounts of impurities in the water. The second reason why you should get a water ionizer is the fact that you will switch to alkaline water, which is known to be beneficial to your health. Once you have this sorted out, it is time to learn how to install the ionizer yourself in a few easy steps.
- In case the one you have purchased requires you to install it on the main water line, you will need the help of a plumber. Other than that, you won’t have to remove the sink because most ionizers come with faucet diverters that let you direct water towards the ionizer from the faucet through a faucet converter. This usually comes in the box with the ionizing machine but in case it does not you can purchase one from the hardware store. The usual fitting is 15/16″ male but if you need another size, you can always get an adapter.
- Next, you need to connect the ionizer to the faucet and for this, you must remove the aerator of the faucet and securely link the diverter to the faucet. Use the Teflon tape to wrap the inlet elbow and use a screwdriver to screw the elbow to the inlet of the ionizer. It comes with two hoses, one white, and one of a different color. Take the white hose and connect one end to the faucet diverter and the other end to the inlet elbow, then take the other hose and connect it to the bottom of the appliance where you will find the outlet hole.
- The final step is to connect the ionizer to a power outlet because it will require electricity in order to function. All you have to do is plug in the ionizer and turn on the faucet to redirect water through the machine. You will now have fresh alkaline water.
Useful Features to Look For
Before making a purchase, it is best to look for some features that improve its performance and make it a reliable and durable unit. While some details are not worth taking into account, others really make a difference when it comes to the quality and efficiency, as you are about to find out.
Multiple types of water
Many people have the wrong concept that an ionizer provides solely alkaline water and that it is only used for obtaining that type of water. We disagree on this and we can tell you that a good one can provide up to 8 types of water of different acidities. Our top choice, the Next Generation M11 delivers 4 types of alkaline water, 3 types of acidic water that can be used for cleaning, and 1 type of purified water. Therefore, it can be a very versatile appliance.
With all the impurities in water, the ionizer is likely to get dirty and even clogged, which might interfere with its efficiency. This is why it is so important to look for an ionizing machine that comes with a self-cleaning option that reverses polarity in order to clean the plates and remove the impurities. This cleaning process is performed after each use so the machine will yield at its best every time it delivers water.
Number of plates
The whole process of turning tap water into alkaline water is made using the plates that are usually made of titanium and plated with a strong material like platinum. Aside from the quality of the plates, their number is also important because the more plates the water goes through, the more alkalized it results.
More important than being alkaline, the water you drink should be clean and for that, the ionizer must include a filtering system that retains impurities in the water. The best ionizing machines, like our two top choices, include a dual filtration system that manages to retain impurities and provide clean and safe water for drinking.
The design of the ionizer is not important solely for aesthetic purposes but it can also influence its ease of use. Therefore, you should look for an intuitive control panel that displays all the types of water it can deliver, its status, when it’s time to replace the filter, and many other helpful details.
Water Quality influenced by pH and Alkalinity
Drinking water is very important to the quality of life and the health condition which is why it must be very clean and proper for drinking. Alkalinity and pH are two terms related to water quality. The two are connected in many ways and one influences the other as it suffers changes. The pH of regular tap water is around 7, meaning the water is neutral. As the pH level grows, the water becomes more alkaline and as it decreases, it becomes more acidic.
Alkalinity is very important because it represents the water’s ability to resist to pH changes without affecting your health. Drinking water that is very acidic rather than alkaline leads to imbalances in your stomach’s acid. In order to maintain your body’s natural acidity intact, you can drink alkaline water that aids in the digestion process by neutralizing acids and eases oxygen transportation inside the body.
Alkaline water contains more ions than regular water, usually hydroxides, carbonates, and bicarbonates that change the molecular structure of the water. Thankfully, ionizers can provide alkaline water without much effort and at a reasonable cost. The resulted water has various alkalinity levels which make it useful for drinking, cooking, or cleaning, depending on the pH level. Most models will clearly display the type of water they deliver to make it easier for you to understand how a certain amount of alkalinity can aid you in protecting your health.
Reasons to Drink Alkaline Water
You may not have thought about it before but you should know that alkaline water can be more beneficial to you than regular tap water mainly because it is cleaner and with a different chemistry. If you are not sure whether or not you should try it, here is a list of all the reasons for you to drink alkaline water.
It improves blood circulation
Given that acidity is one of the main causes of heart disease, no wonder alkaline water is so good for your heart by smoothing blood circulation. As it destroys the bad fats in your blood, it dilates blood vessels and promotes a better cardiovascular circulation.
It strengthens your immune system
Thanks to the increased level of hydrogen in its composition, this type of water manages to kill bacteria in your body and makes it stronger against many viral diseases. Acid foods and beverages affect your immune system so drinking water with a high level of alkalinity will protect your immune system.
It aids in digestion
The most popular benefit of water with an increased pH is the way it improves the digestive system. The alkalized ions help the pancreas create the powerful enzymes that regulate digestion and eliminate acid from your stomach.
It is more hydrating
Being rich in hydrogen also means that it will be more hydrating and it will reach deeper into your body. The smaller clusters can penetrate the tissues so that the oxygen and nutrients will get to all your vital organs and your body will be better hydrated.
It improves your urinary tract
In an attempt to reduce the acid levels in your body, the kidneys pull alkaline from the bones and send it into the bloodstream. As these deposits accumulate, they develop painful kidney stones. Drinking alkaline water balances the fluids that pass through your kidneys and minimize the mineral deposits in the bloodstream.
Conclusions – One Last Look at What the Market Offers
With alkaline water growing in popularity day by day as the miraculous results it provides in terms of hydration and health boosting reach the ears of more and more people, we had to provide you with a ranking of your best selections on this market. Let’s review one last time the reasoning behind the choices we made so that you know what to expect from each product. The Life Ionizers Next Generation M11 is the obvious top pick when it comes to ionizing machines as it utilizes an impressive 11 titanium platinum coated plates for a high efficiency of the electrolysis process. Furthermore, it allows you to set the pH range as you desire from 1.7 to 12, thus providing you with the possibility of choosing how acidic or alkaline the water you drink or utilize for cooking should be. Almost as great is the Platinum Alkaline machine which uses 7 solid medical grade titanium platinum coated plates and an internal dual filtration technology to provide you with clean, quality water. As it provides 8 different water type settings to select between, convenience is definitely the key with this product. Our last pick, the Aqua-Ionizer Deluxe 7 is more reasonably priced when compared to the other two selections, thus being a friendlier option to go for in case you are on a budget. It uses a carbon filter to clean the water of any existing impurities, and the filter replacement indicators make maintenance work as hassle-free as it can get.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is the water provided by the appliance the same as store-bought alkaline water?
Using an ionizer will give you the exact same type of alkaline water, in some cases even being of a higher quality. Furthermore, you will benefit from the purified water right from your tap, so no inconvenient store trips or online purchases are required when you run out of this vital liquid substance.
2. Should I perform any type of test before installing a ionizer?
This is not necessary, but if you want to find out the pH of your tap water, you can use water test strips. This way, you will make an educated choice and you will know the exact improvement you have brought to your tap water after proceeding with the installation.
3. Will installing the ionizing machine affect the pressure of the water?
All water ionizing machines have a certain flow rate, usually around 2 gallons per minute. This is more than enough to satisfy your need for water pressure whether you want to fill a glass or a pot. Therefore, the pressure is not an issue you need to take into consideration.
Most ionizers, at least the ones we have reviewed, include an advanced filtration system which retains impurities while changing the chemical composition of the water. Although it’s not the main purpose of the appliance, the ionizer does a very good job at cleaning your drinking water. However, do not expect the same quality results as you would receive when using a high-end dedicated water filtration unit.
5. Does the acidic water produced by the home appliance serve any purpose?
As you might have guessed, this type of water is high in acid, so it is not intended for consumption. However, this does not mean that you cannot use it at all as it can be employed for cosmetic purposes or for cleaning chores you perform around the house.